Wednesday, July 28, 2021

Two Step

 Two Step on Honaunau Bay is rated "Don't Miss" for snorkeling in the guide books.   We drove down Keala o Keawe Road from Honaunau to park in the $5 parking lot across the road from Two Step. 



One walks out on the lava to a spot where two "steps" underwater allow easy entry for snorkelers.  I have a blue colored snorkel; Joanne has a pink one.  From time to time, I looked around for a pink snorkel to keep track of her.  At Two Step, I followed the wrong snorkel!  This was the first time I encountered two pink snorkels in the water and I locked onto the wrong one.  

How is the snorkeling? Well, every time we always something different, some thing interesting. This time, I saw an eel gliding along the bottom through rocks and coral keeping under cover as much as possible. Joanne saw a turtle. 

On the way back, we followed the very narrow Puukonua Road that parallels the shoreline to the "must miss" Manini Beach where one can rent kayaks and then up the windy but very picturesque Napo'opoo Road to the highway. 



  

     

No comments: