Sunday, July 16, 2023

Ocean City New Jersey

Sunrise July 11, 5:40 AM  Ocean City New Jersey - Richard took these lovely photos on the first day we arrived for a Family Vacation at the famous Jersey Shore!  I, Joanne, hadn't been here in many years - maybe 50 years since my daughter, Michele, was a young child.  When we were teens, our Grandmother took us to Ocean Grove near Asbury Park and then we graduated to trips to Seaside Heights.  Oh, such great memories!  I actually saw Mick Jagger of Rolling Stones fame at the Asbury Park Convention Center when he first broke out onto the rock scene.




Pictured below is us enjoying the Ocean City Boardwalk, from L to R is Addie, Michele, me, Claire, Lucy in the wagon with Frankie pulling her.  It was such a joy to spend time with the 3 little girls - Frankie, Lucy and Lana.  They never failed to keep us entertained!





Richard and I took a ride on the Ferris Wheel which provided us great views of the ocean and rides.  The highlight was the bumper cars when all 15 of us bumped away to the challenge.  Fun, fun, fun...



Out on the Water in a little power boat rented by my brother, Paul.  Little Lana (almost 3) was fearless.  Here she is looking for dolphins.

Coast Guard Requires Proper Lookout at All times

Largest Osprey Nest I Have Ever Seen



I loved spending time with my daughter, Michele, pictured above.

Later in the week, Richard and I drove down the Parkway a few exits and toured the famous Cape May Lighthouse.  It was a joy to look for our previous neighbor's B & B, which we spotted near the ocean road.  The beautiful restored old timey homes were so pretty.



Here I am with my sibs - from L to R,  - -  Paul, Mary, Claire and me.  What a treat to get together with our families and get on our "NJ Vibe."  We found a bakery and were able to recreate our childhood memories of eating sticky honeybuns, jelly donuts, crumb cake and the like!  And we had Jersey corn and tomatoes.  Oh boy, it was a good food fest!



Thanks to my sister-in-law, Diane for renting her summer family home and to Claire for finding another close-by place for the overflow visitors.  Thanks to sisters Mary and Claire for shopping and cooking wonderful dinners and to Diane for her contributions of delicious corn bread, salads, etc.  With everyone pitching in, they were able to serve 15 of us effortlessly!


No comments: