Friday, March 15, 2019

70th Birthday Surprise!

Sue leading the Happy Birthday song
What a surprise I had for my birthday!  Cousin Constance and my friend, Sue, planned it before our big trip to Spain.  Sue asked me to come over for a "keto" dinner before our trip.  She said that she was really busy and didn't have time to invite our other friends.  So, off we went.  I remember mentioning to Richard that it would be great if we could play some games after dinner - maybe Pegs and Jokers, one of our favorites?
The guests
More guests
The spread


When we walked into Sue & Rob's house, everyone yelled "surprise" and our friend, Gary, gave me a big hug.  There must have been 30+ people there!  Constance had a huge spread of appetizers and there were nice drinks, too.  I had 2 birthday cakes - one said "Still 69" and the other was a delicious angel food cake with chocolate icing.  Yum!  MOM was there, too, Constance had picked her up and she was "in" on it!  Sue asked people to tell their favorite "Joanne" story - there were some good ones!  I was so touched by everyone's generosity.  Constance suggested our friends give a contribution to my favorite charity, St Vincent de Paul.  So many people gave generous gifts.  I am so blessed!

No comments: