Thursday, April 14, 2011

Cool Inventions

My friend, Marilyn, told me about a cool invention that makes sense for cruisers – well actually EVERYONE! It's called SODA STREAM – and it makes coke, diet coke, tonic water, sparking flavored water, whatever...right on the boat without using any electricity and saves on having ALUMINIUM cans or PLASTIC bottles everywhere. It's available on line or at Bed, Bath & Beyond, or Sears and on sale, you can get it for about $90. Not bad when you consider the cost of purchasing coke all the time. All you need to buy are the bottles of the syrup (about $5 and it lasts & lasts) and occasionally, you replace the CO-2 cartridges (by going to Bed, Bath & Beyond or wherever...) and trading them in. You make it with cold water and it takes just seconds to add the syrup and zap it with CO-2. Instant soda at a fraction of the cost.


Another item I use on the boat is a collapsible colander that I found in Kmart. It takes up so little space and makes sense for every galley (or kitchen). Also, I wouldn't leave without my Britta pitcher. I use it to filter water from the boat water tanks for drinking.  Have you seen the new really neat PUREX combination washing/dryer sheets?  All you do is throw one sheet in the washer and then it goes with the clothes into the dryer.  They are great for traveling because they are lightweight, easy to tote and work great.  Another really neat invention!
Send me comments of any items that you have found to work in your galley or kitchen....

No comments: